Warning: Declaration of CycloneSlider_ExportPage::render_page($post) should be compatible with CycloneSlider_WpAdminSubPage::render_page() in /home/muku0871/domains/mukulbisht.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cyclone-slider-2/src/CycloneSlider/ExportPage.php on line 54

Warning: Declaration of CycloneSlider_ImportPage::render_page($post) should be compatible with CycloneSlider_WpAdminSubPage::render_page() in /home/muku0871/domains/mukulbisht.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cyclone-slider-2/src/CycloneSlider/ImportPage.php on line 54
Admin Redesign – Mukul Bisht's Portfolio

Admin Redesign


To redesign the Administration console in order to make our Admins more efficient in their day to day tasks with DocuSign

My Role

Lead the redesign starting from identifying the problem, research and ultimately to finalize the end user designs.


In this project, I started with identifying the main problems plaguing our admins. I dig into the previous research data and my experience with Radmin to create a problem statement map. Some of the primary issues identified with the existing Radmin were:

  1. Navigation is not scalable
  2. Hard to find information and settings
  3. Information architecture does not maps to the primary goals of the user
  4. Navigation for Organization with multiple accounts is complex and inefficient


I realized that these issues hampers the ‘efficiency’ of Admins in completing their tasks and identified ‘efficiency’ as one of the primary metrics to drive the redesign.
In the second phase, I started laying down every feature, functionality available in Radmin using a Sitemap. The sitemap captured different aspects of Radmin, primarily:

  1. Connection between different pages/features
  2. Information available in those pages
  3. Primary actions
  4. Layout of information – Table, Settings, Information)
  5. Page Layout (Tabs, Modals, etc)
Sitemap - Admin
Sitemap - Details

The Sitemap gave me a good understanding of how different features are related in Admin, how some important information is buried in layers, and how confusing some of the grouping of items are.
In the next phase, I did a card sorting study with DocuSign employees who are power users of Admin and from different teams like IT, Support, DocuSign University, CSAs and TCSMs. For the cards, I used all the existing information in Admin, and some of the future items which are in the Admin roadmap. I used Optimal Sort for the study and analysis of it. One of the most interesting and important things that came out of the study was that the analysis matched with my thoughts and the results of a similar study conducted with the UX team.

Similarity Matrix

Using the results and analysis of the study, I created a revised sitemap for the new admin experience. The revised sitemap laid the foundation for the new navigation experience. I designed the new experience with three things in mind: 1) Making admins more efficient by creating a structure which maps to their primary goals 2) Scalable Navigation for future features (Stamps, Seals, Appliances, etc) 3) Easy to navigate between multi-level Org and Account structure (Microsoft with 400+ accounts)

Navigation - Desktop
Navigation - Mobile
Landing Page

After finalizing the sitemap and structure, I started working on the page designs. I started with creating a page structure for ‘Object’ pages, by which I mean a page which could be used for Users, Groups, Permission Sets, Stamps, Seals, etc. Here are some examples of early explorations:

User Profile Page
Group Details Page
Permission Sets Page
Table Design